- What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
- By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
- Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were
baptized into his death?
- We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just
as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new
- If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also
be united with him in his resurrection.
- For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin
might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin--
- because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.
- Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.
- For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again;
death no longer has mastery over him.
- The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives
- In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Add Your Contribution:
previous discussion (2002)